If interested, please reach out to Julia Hutchens for information on how to apply (job description following contact information)
Julia Hutchens | Account Recruiting Manager
T (859) 519-2303 | M (859) 576-2959 | jbodine@TEKsystems.com
800-809-5524 | F (859) 519-2339 | www.TEKsystems.com
1792 Alysheba Way, Suite 370, Lexington, KY 40509
TEKsystems is seeking two new GIS team members to help deliver award winning GIS solutions and excellent customer service while working on a collaborative, fast-paced team environment. These will be contractor positions. We need people with the skills to help fulfill the following roles:
(1) Help Desk Support – The successful candidate must have at least three years of hands on complex GIS analysis, troubleshooting, and customer support. Strong experience with the ESRI technology stack is required. Additional experience with Bentley’s GIS/CADD solutions and Google mapping are a plus. The successful candidate…
a. Will provide technical support to Cabinet GIS customers as well as requests from public facing interactive mapping sites. This requires excellent problem solving skills to resolve issues with Web-based, desktop (local and via Citrix), and mobile solutions.
b. Must be capable of understanding the customer’s challenge, researching and determining viable solutions, presenting ideas to peers to assure solutions integrate with larger spatial/data enterprise, and upon agreement, delivering and training customer in the solution.
(2) Assist in Spatial Data Management – To fulfill this role, the successful candidate must have at least two years’ experience of demonstrated design, management, and administration of spatial data and understand how to integrate data beyond a single project level. ESRI-SDE Geodatabase experience is preferred particularly on SQL Server.
a. The successful candidate will assist the spatial data librarian with the maintenance processes to support the spatial data enterprise environment. Assist in the data design review to assure proposed feature classes/tables are structured to minimize data duplication, maintain proper record level metadata and store/deliver the correct data to all customers.
b. Help manage and improve the spatial information flow from data owners to publicly shared data repositories (SDE Geodatabases & other enterprise applications and repositories) inside KYTC domain and to the rest of state government and the public as appropriate.
c. This position will also champion the creation and maintenance of metadata at the table/feature class level as well.
(3) Lead/Assist GIS Training Program — Depending on experience, lead or assist in the GIS training program. The expectation is that at least monthly GIS classes will be taught, but scaled to customer needs. Training classes include:
a. “Basic GIS for non-desktop users” – This is a class to teach customers what is available for use via web mapping sites provided by the Cabinet or other State agencies to support the customers’ business processes.
b. “Basic” Desktop GIS – This is a series of courses that teach mapping fundamentals, data availability (where is it? How do I get it?), simple analysis (overlay, proximity, etc.), data creation fundamentals (how to create/edit data).
c. “Advanced Topics” – Varies depending on the need. It may be Integrating GIS into MicroStation, Cost path analysis, Projections and their impact on data analysis, etc.
(4) Assist Mobile GIS development/support – Assist the Mobile GIS Lead in the development and maintenance of ESRI-based mobile GIS solutions. Assist in training customers in the use of Mobile GIS solutions.
(5) Other duties as assigned – Depending on needs/skills other duties will need to be fulfilled.