TEKsystems is seeking a new GIS team member to help deliver award winning GIS solutions and excellent customer service while working on a collaborative, fast-paced environment in Frankfort, KY. Please send resumes to Julia Hutchens at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-519-2303.
(1) Help Desk Support – The successful candidate must have at least three years of experience in hands-on complex GIS analysis, troubleshooting, and customer support. Strong experience with the ESRI technology stack is required. Additional experience with Bentley’s GIS/CADD solutions and Google mapping are a plus. The successful candidate…
- Will provide technical support to Cabinet GIS customers as well as requests from public facing interactive mapping sites. This requires excellent problem solving skills to resolve issues with Web-based, desktop (local and via Citrix), and mobile solutions.
- Must be capable of understanding the customer’s challenge, researching and determining viable solutions, presenting ideas to peers to assure solutions integrate with larger spatial/data enterprise, and upon agreement, delivering and training customer in the solution.
(2) Lead/Assist GIS Training Program — Depending on experience, lead or assist in the GIS training program. The expectation is that at least monthly GIS classes will be taught, but scaled to customer needs. Training classes include:
- “Basic GIS for non-desktop users” – This is a class to teach customers what is available for use via web mapping sites provided by the Cabinet or other State agencies to support the customers’ business processes.
- “Basic” Desktop GIS – This is a series of courses that teach mapping fundamentals, data availability (where is it? How do I get it?), simple analysis (overlay, proximity, etc.), data creation fundamentals (how to create/edit data).
- “Advanced Topics” – Varies depending on the need. It may be Integrating GIS into MicroStation, Cost path analysis, Projections and their impact on data analysis, etc..
(3) Lead/Assist Mobile GIS development/support – Depending on experience, lead or assist in Mobile GIS development (design, build, test, & deploy) and maintenance of ESRI-based mobile solutions. Lead/Assist in training customers in the use of Mobile GIS solutions.
(4) Other duties as assigned – Depending on needs/skills other duties will need to be fulfilled. Additional valued experience includes:
- Python, R, or other programming languages.
- Server (Database or Web) administration.
- AGOL administration.
- CADD/Engineering process experience.
- GPS/Survey work.
- UAS-based data capture
- Big Data Experience (Hadoop, Elastic, Kafka, etc).
Successful candidates’ work history will demonstrate they have the following traits:
(1) Highly motivated/Adaptable – Must be a self-starter who thrives in a high tempo environment. Must be adaptable to changing needs/opportunities. Must be constantly thinking of how to improve processes and solutions.
- Must be well aware of current trends within GIS and IT in general and how that impacts the future.
- These drivers must translate into innovative solutions they deliver for their customers.
(2) Committed to excellent customer service – Must be an excellent listener, who can ask effective follow up questions to identify the details needed to clearly understand. They must also engage the customer consistently to keep them informed throughout the project/problem solving process.
(3) Excellent communicator – Must be able to hear information from people from many different backgrounds (Field Staff, Engineers, IT Server Administrators, Upper Management, etc.), integrate those needs/ideas into a GIS solution, and then communicate back to customers ideas/solutions in language they understand.
- Must be able to take input from customers and translate that into a project scope and use cases that a solution can be built from.
(4) Very Analytical – The successful candidate can
- capture the customer’s issues/needs,
- document the above as well as desired outcomes,
- translate this information into efficient future data structures,
- identify technology tools & processes needed to be developed/applied to resolve the problem and who needs to do that work.
- build their parts of the solutions.
(5) Collaborative – Enjoy working on a very close knit team that has highly developed skill sets. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of working collaboratively to find and create innovative, sustainable solutions. You will support team members, learn from them and simultaneously share/teach what you know that adds value to the team. Constructive feedback will be received and given to help every team member understand impacts and assure we are providing the best solution for our customers.
(6) Solution driven – The successful candidate must be driven to help the GIS Team streamline customer business processes, assure data integrity, and improve Cabinet effectiveness by leveraging spatial data and GIS technology. Solutions must build not only to the local need, but also support the larger enterprise data needs/objectives.